Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chicago

I’ve visited the Windy City many times for des raisons diverses: layovers during international travel, family vacations, official business. Today, while searching for the right terminal at O’Hare Airport, I stumbled upon a gorgeous exhibition of art. Backlit by the beautiful summer sunshine, the artwork created by local high school students added a punch of color to a rather dreary day of traveling. At first I reflected upon the impetus behind the project: to provide quality creative and stimulating opportunities to promote increased engagement in school and community affairs. Dazzled by the floating prisms, I nearly missed seeing the giant dinosaur skeleton by the Field Museum kiosk. My thoughts turned to friends and family: my former coworker (current friend) L who did her undergrad in the city, R who’ll arrive soon to work with medical outreach clinics, P who’ll search for law school lodgings, Mom who wants to take a short vacation with relatives. Though I’ve never lived in Illinois, whenever I’m in Chicago, I know that I’m (almost) home.

No comments:

Post a Comment