Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Change of Heart

Due to the Unbloggable EventsTM, I have been receiving physical therapy. My therapist is a wonderful lady named A. Normally, we chat about the differences between our two countries, les activités quotidiennes (daily activities), and wild animals (she and her husband love to go camping). Though A is quite petite, she purposefully applies pressure and we’ve been seeing good results. Our sessions usually involve resistance activities, ultrasound and a “pins and needles” machine for pain relief. All was well.

But today, dear readers, today was different. Teeth were gnashed, garments rent and mercy demanded. For you see, previous appointments had cleared me for more intensive physical therapy. Instead of a nice kneading of the affected muscles and joints, A pushed me further than I thought possible. Rather than chat about dolphin sightings or lion attacks, I had to turn my head and close my eyes to avoid cussing her out. Such betrayal! To make matters worse, I caught an episode of “The Tudors” last night. Katherine Howard, the “rose without a thorn,” met her bloody end after her lover was tortured in the Tower of London. Great images to have stuck in your mind…

However, I can withstand pain as long as I know that there’s a good reason for it. I am excited that we’re making progress and that I will soon be able to return to my country of service. All of my stage-mates are already hard at work and I can’t wait to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment