Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Random Reflections

- I went to see the Radio City Rockettes with my family last weekend. It was quite enjoyable and festive, though I could have done without the harem dancing mice. Still, it was nice to see so many multigenerational families gathered together to celebrate the holidays.

- Holiday shopping is upon us! I prefer the JCPenny’s model at our local mall (customer service kiosks distributed throughout the store) to the Dillard’s model (cash registers nestled within the departments, staffed with very friendly clerks who hail all passersby). Perhaps my friendly conversational side takes over when I’m broke, lost and alone (see this post).

- One of my favorite attractions at the mall is the large indoor aquarium. Not only is it stocked with fresh-caught fish, they always try to keep one albino catfish at all times. In recent years, management has added more lighting to improve visibility. It’s a very relaxing spot, though the adjoining play area does not add to l’ambiance tranquille.

- Physical therapy is going well. I have an appointment next week chez l’orthopédiste, who will give me a realistic timeline about return dates. The brace has done wonders for my range of motion and lifting those heavy bags of Thanksgiving fixings and holiday gifts isn’t quite as burdensome as it once seemed.

- Happy Thanksgiving to all! May you be surrounded by loved ones and full of good cheer and delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment