Monday, December 13, 2010




This attelle has been my constant companion for the last few weeks. We have thrice daily half-hour rendez-vous, which have made the biweekly physical therapy appointments far more bearable. I use a white knob to adjust it to a pain level of 3 on a scale 1-10 and adjust the setting toutes les cinq minutes (every five minutes). I use the brace to work on extension but as an unexpected effet secondaire, my flexion has also improved by several degrees. This régime is a lot easier than the gravity approach which the adhesions in my arm valiantly resisted. Though I’m grateful for the aide, I won’t be sorry to send it back soon!

West African moment chez moi: Last night, I put my glass of wine down for one minute to grab something from the kitchen. I had learned in Host Country the importance of always keeping one’s beverage covered to protect it from flies. Hélas, last night I had to pour out half a glass of Cabernet-Sauvignon due to an intruder. At least it was à portée de main (within easy reach)and not the last bottle in the village!

No comments:

Post a Comment